Monday, January 4, 2010

How Much Did I Save This Week?


I did all my shopping for the week last night, so I thought I would share my finds with you!

My purchases differed a little bit from my original lists, mostly at Walgreens where the items I planned to buy weren't in stock!

But here is a look at what I did buy.

My trip to CVS...




Nivea Body Wash ($6.99 - list price)
All & Mighty ($7.49)
Playtex Tampons 36pk ($8.49)
2 Nivea Lip Care ($2.99/ea)

All this would normally cost $28.95.

But I got it all for just $8.57 ...and got $5 back in ECBs!

My trip to Walgreens...


Clean & Clear Foam Cleanser ($3.99)
Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream ($0.99)

This would normally cost $4.98
But I got it all for just $0.81!


My trip to Publix...

2 Yoplait Fiber One Yogurt (4pk) ($2.50/ea)
2 Fresh Express Salad ($3.69/ea)
2 Double Packs of Smart Balance Butter ($2.89/ea)
2 Kraft Mayo ($4.99/ea)
2 Ziploc Bags ($2.79/ea)
15 Bean Soup ($2.39)
Napkins 400ct ($2.89)


All this would normally cost $39.49
But I got it all for just $18.84!


Total Amount Spent: $28.22

Total Amount Saved: $47.13

We are trying to use the "envelope system" to help with our budgeting. We usually budget $250/month for groceries. This month, we are trying to bring that down to $200/month by spending just $50/week on groceries ($40) and toiletries ($10). I'm hopeful we can get it down further than that, but I didn't want to start too low and get frustrated.

So after my shopping trip, here is what we have left for the week:

Amount Remaining:
Toiletries: $0.62
Groceries: $21.16

I hope you enjoyed seeing my purchases this week! Let me know if you have any questions on how I did it - I'd love to help you save some money too!

3 comments:

  1. I just recently found your blog... but, Im looking forward to saving money with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont forget to pick up the coupon books when you walk into publix!!! I picked it up tonight and found another $1 off coupon if you bought two of those salad bags! (which of course makes the buy 1 get 1 so much better!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. now THIS is a blog that makes perfect sense. now you have me sitting here in an excited mood, all ready to save on trips to the grocer as well.

    ReplyDelete