Monday, March 22, 2010

Sweaty is the New Sexy

...or something like that. :)

It has been a GREAT day. Well, besides sleeping in when I wanted to get to work early, and having tons of work to catch up on. Once I got that out of the way, it has been smooth sailing!

I knew I'd have to work late, but I still managed to catch the 5pm Yoga class they offer at my work, and then returned to my office to finish work. We did a combo of power yoga and meditation and it was wonderful! Last night, I found a running route by my house using Map My Run. I tried to run the two mile loop last night, but gave up after a mile and walked the rest of the way. I was determined to make it the whole two miles today when I got home from work. Well, the sun was setting when I pulled into my driveway, but I ran inside, threw on the BRIGHT orange shirt I got while volunteering at the Miami International Triathlon and headed back out the door. And guess what?

I ran the whole two miles!!!!

It may have been slow, and it may have only been two miles, but I did it. And without my iPod to boot! (My hubby and I share an iPod and he is at the gym right now...) Usually the silence kills me. But I just kept repeating in my head, over and over, "You are strong. You are SO strong." It really kept me going!

So yes, sweaty is the new sexy!!!




Have you achieved any fitness goals lately?

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! Congrats...I actually had the same accomplishment last week! It's pretty exciting!

    ReplyDelete