Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Ring!

Well, I have something to confess. I am a control freak. This will become painfully obvious throughout the wedding planning process. (Just wait until you hear about the bridesmaid's dresses). So, in true fashion, I picked out my own ring.

Marriage talk was in the air, so I started looking at rings. My (now) fiance gave me an idea of his budget, so I went looking with those parameters. Good thing because it kept me realistic! I looked at a copule different places, but always felt like I was dealing with "used car salesmen" type people. Ugh. But then...it happened. I went to a jewelry store and had the most WONDERFUL person help me out. She was so patient with me! My ring is gorgeous and totally unique. I LOVE IT. I have a nearly perfect princess cut diamond, turned 45 degrees so it is "star set". I fell in love with a wedding band, but wanted my engagement band and wedding band to match. No problem! They set my diamond on the band. Perfect! I love how it turned out!


1 comment:

  1. Buying wedding rings is exhilarating, but choosing the perfect one that fits your style and budget can be quite challenging. Glad you’ve found the perfect ring for the wedding! You picked the perfect cut for the diamond; the princess cut is the second most popular type of cut. It has a distinct design, having a cross-shape reflection when you look at it.

    ReplyDelete