Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day!

I thought I would dedicate this post to the members of my family who have served or are currently serving in our armed forces.

My Uncle Roger. You may remember him as one of our "wedding elves" and as the one who gave the "family blessing" at our wedding. Uncle Roger retired from the Air Force when I was in middle school after serving in Germany, Italy, and a bazillion other places I'm sure I'm forgetting. :)


My Grandpa Burgett. Grandpa passed away last year, but we all think of him often. He was a WWII veteran and had some crazy stories about his time fighting in Europe. He was a Navy boy (enlisted on his 17th birthday!) and served in many invasions. We can't even imagine all the things he saw out there on the battlefield. I remember going to many a Veterans' Day parade and watching him march. Miss you, Grandpa!



My brother-in-law Brandon. Brandon serves in the Army and is currently in DC. The Army keeps him very busy - but we hope to see him and my sister Tabitha sometime over the holidays!



My cousin-in-law(?) Gary. My cousin Emily married Gary a few years ago. Gary has served several tours in the Middle East over the past few years. We are very blessed that he is stationed near our family so Emily and their baby girl Abby can be near family! Gary just got back from being deployed overseas.


There you go - the military men in my family! (I feel like I am forgetting someone, but I can't figure out who!) Thank you to these men, and all those who have served or are currently serving our country. Happy Veterans Day!

1 comment:

  1. Awh that is so nice of you to do! Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. We too have a lot of family that was in the military and currently in the military. It's important we all take the time and thank them for their service to this great country of ours! =)

    ps I left you something on my blog.

    ReplyDelete