Monday, November 30, 2009

The 10,000 Step Challenge!

First of all, thanks to all who voted on the new name! The change will be made soon. For those of you who asked, yes I had started "Adventures of a Newlywed Sports Widow", but found myself still posting to my "august" blog instead. So here I am, still blogging away. I'm excited to now be august15wife! It just feels right. :)

Tomorrow begins the month of December. If you're like me, you have already been indulging in holiday sweets with many more to come. So to counteract all that (or at least make a little dent in it), I have a challenge for you...

The 10,000 Step Challenge!

If you have a pedometer, start wearing it tomorrow. If you don't have one, go get one and join in the fun! I wore my pedometer today and was SHOCKED at how few steps I had taken. When I left work, I wasn't even to 1500 steps yet! That sedentary lifestyle could have something to do with my perpetual weight gain!

So the goal is to walk at least 10,000 steps (or close to it) every day. Sound like a lot? It's really not. Try it. Let me know what you think. And check in here with your daily totals! I'll be asking you all to hold me accountable too.

So...let's get walking! Who's with me??

2 comments:

  1. I'm fairly certain that I walk just that amount at work each day! I read somewhere that the average floor nurse walks about 3 miles during an 8 hour shift. I'm pretty sure it's higher for the ER, and since I do 12 hour shifts, it's probably even higher than that. Good challenge, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have a similar event going at work, and i just got into it. i just hit 12000 and i've been wearing it for a week... terrible! good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete