Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Let There Be...Dessert!

Warnings: If you are craving sweets, this post will not help!

And so continues my disjointed, out of order recaps. :)

This was one of my absolute favorite parts of the wedding reception. There was a room just off the main ballroom that we closed off during dinner. Unbeknownst to our guests - this is where the dessert was hiding!

Check out this spread!



Some of you may remember all my dilemmas about the cake. I was so happy with how it turned out! Oh and my cake topper dilemma? Love how that turned out too!





We had a family friend make her famous brownies...



Grandma made her snickerdoodles...



Littlest Sister made her carrot cake cupcakes...






And when those doors finally opened, it seemed as though there was a collective gasp. Everyone was amazed! Including me - I hadn't seen the finished product until that moment. I couldn't have been happier (as you can tell from this cheesy smile photo). :)


WHOOHOOO! Look at all those desserts!!!! :)


Next up? The cake cutting...to smash or not to smash? :)

7 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea! Now you've got me thinking I should incorporate the family's homemade little treats alongside our cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely idea! I really want to have a candy buffet but this is just a wonderful idea! And oh so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'm having all my great-aunts make their special desserts as well, and I can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dessert buffet! It's gorgeous! And your cake is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks so sweet! your cake is gorgeous. mmm, i'm craving brownies now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is just pretty much the best dessert table i have seen. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete