Friday, November 6, 2009

Life is Good!

Let me pause the wedding recaps for a moment to update you on newlywed life.

I am happy to report - life is good!

We have dealt with a few struggles over the past few months - mostly financial. I love my job, but took a paycut when I left the practice of law. My husband is working hard to build his book of business in the insurance world, while doing a whole lot of part time jobs on the side. We just never knew each month if we would have enough money to make it. Our two biggest money guzzlers? Our student loan payments and our rent. Just the two of those payments combined took up almost all of my monthly income. Yikes!

How have we fixed this? We found a new place to live - for almost half the price! We are so excited. God absolutely provided more than we could ever have imagined. The price is less than we thought we could find for such a nice place. Just check this baby out!


Right now we live in a 3/2.5 - which is really bigger than we need. Our new place is a 2/2 and is still 1200 square feet! We get the one car garage you see in the picture, and our place is at the front of the building where all those windows are. There are actually three units in this building - my sister-in-law freaked out because she thought we had all those garages to ourselves! Haha.

We will be moving in next weekend. I can't even begin to tell you the peace of mind this has given us. Yes, we love our current place, and hate to have to move everything. But God has absolutely blown me away with His provision. There are so many little blessings in this place too - it's like He said, "Callie and Nate, I want to show you just how much I love you." There are so many little things we always had hoped to have - double sinks in our bathroom, the washer and dryer included, lots of fun places to go within walking distance...just so many little blessings!

Sorry for the oozing of joy in this blog post. I just can't keep it all inside! I feel on top of the world.
God is so good. We are so blessed. I will be giving thanks for so many things this Thanksgiving!!

What are you thankful for today?

13 comments:

  1. That is so amazing that you found a place like that. It looks gorgeous, and even better that it has all the little things you want! It's amazing the plans He has for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! The place looks beautiful. You will definitely have to post some pictures once you get all moved in! Congrats and good luck with moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! That is great and will take such a load off your shoulders. We just ran our budget and are barely making ends meet too... I know it will work out for us though too!!! DEFINITELY glad that things are working out so well for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congrats!
    how wonderful and exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome and amazing! It's so cool how everything works out isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It look beautiful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks really great :-) I know how relieving it can be to find a great place to rent, and the fact that it's half of what you were paying is so worth it. Good luck with all of the packing and the moving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hooray for finding a place with so many extras :) happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...so nice!! That definitely looks like a fabulous space! :) Can't wait to see the inside!

    I remember you said that you go by CC's on the way to work (so I know you're in my area...haha!)...the FI and I are going to be moving back to FL soon (definitely after the wedding...still deciding if we might do it before)...we'll have to be keeping our eye out for cool looking places like this one! I'm scared of the prospect of being homeless! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great! I'm glad you found such a wonderful place and for much less money!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations!!! money concerns have been a lot on my mind also, and we may have to move as well--so this post really, really made me feel hopeful. thank you.

    it also gave me hope because i'm another lawyer wondering whether to leave the practice of law.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! What a great solution - and your new home is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete