Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Eco-Fetti HURTS!

A friend gave us eco-fetti left over from her wedding. (In case you don't know, eco-fetti is a biodegradable confetti). We packaged it in cute little bags for all of our guests. We had so many people still there at the end of the night, we ran out of bags!

Our guests lined the walkway and as we ran to our limo, they threw eco-fetti at us.

They didn't toss.

They THREW.


This picture cracks me up. We were running as fast we we could. Eco-fetti was in our mouths, eyes, hair, and we later discovered, down my dress! It felt like the line of people would never end!

First thing I said when we got to the limo, "Why did I think this was a good idea????"

See, my husband never thought people throwing things at us would be a good idea. He grew up with brothers. He obviously learned something I didn't.

Will you (or did you) have your guests throw anything as you leave?

13 comments:

  1. Well I was planning on it but seeing the expression on your face in that photo is giving me second thoughts!

    Hehe - actually I was thinking about sparklers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had our guests throw pink rose petals at us! They were very pretty and didn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lysandra-you might want to be careful about the sparklers..we went to a wedding that the area was covered so the smoke from the sparklers did not rise...we about died...Also there were so many of us it was surprising that people didn't get burned

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! It does look like it hurt! I knew that rice wasn't pleasant, but you would think eco-fetti would be fine. Maybe choosing rose petals was a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look like it might be a little painful especially if it's coming quick and fast. No we won't be having any people throwing things at us, but we are giving people sparklers so I hope they don't get confused and throw those at us :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!
    That picture cracks me up! You with your mouth wide open! I love it! Such a great pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to do bubbles, but then I heard that bubbles don't really show up in photos. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought about throwing things/bubble/sparklers, but when ever I thought about it I remembered my parent's pictures of rice being thrown. You look just like them running through. Great picture though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwww! im sorry to say i laughed!
    im getting married next month and we decieded to do bubbles. thanks for the tip, sorry it came from experience!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're doing bubbles :). I know those won't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your guests really did throw hard haha! My ecofetti toss didn't hurt but I think that was because we did the toss as we were leaving the church and our guests were standing a little farther back.

    ReplyDelete