Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Last Teaser Photo - A Very Special One

And one of my favorites.


Me and my Daddy.

As many of you know, I just might have the most wonderful Daddy in the world. (If you haven't gotten to know him yet, check out his blog at http://poorweddingdad.blogspot.com/)

He is the Daddy every child wants to have. Or every adult wishes they had.

I didn't always understand how wonderful my Daddy is. I went through my rebellious times. But he loved me through it all. And in retrospect, I see that more clearly than I ever could at the time.

He is strong. Compassionate. The hardest worker I have ever met. There is nothing my Daddy can't do. He is brilliant. Incredibly intelligent. He is a man of integrity. I have never known anyone so honest and true. He would go to the ends of the earth for his daughters. (He has four.) We have always been his top priority - with the exceptions only of his God and his wife. Christ has always been first in his life, his wife a close second, and the rest of his family a very close third.

I remember dancing with him when I was little, standing on the tops of his shoes. I remember him carrying me into the house when I would fall asleep in the car. He has always been the greatest father anyone could ever imagine. I can only hope to be as good a parent as my parents have been to me.

So...back to this photo. My parents bought me a beautiful necklace to wear at my wedding. I love this picture of my Daddy, putting the necklace on me.

What makes this photo even more special. Well, do you remember me mentioning that mirror? I had hoped to get a copy of the photo (and I will try to remember to get it), but it is the same mirror that my Mom got ready in front of when she married my Daddy. I have looked the pictures of her, reflected in that mirror for so many years. And now, that bride is me. I love it.

I'm a lucky girl. I have such absolutely wonderful parents.

How were your parents involved in your wedding?

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture and story! (I love your dad's blog too!)

    My mom was my wedding planner for the most part...she did more than I could have imagined, but she loved it! My dad was there too...just being the pillar of strength that he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous picture and I love the history behind that mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you wrote this post. Especially the part about not always appreciating your dad. I didn't stop being an ungrateful brat until I went to college- my dad was the one who called me all the time, and even sent me the Sunday comics each week. He died January of my freshman year and I will never get to thank him for everything he did for me and my family. So many people (like me) take their wonderful parents for granted until it's too late- I am so glad you are mature and wise enough to see how great he is!!!! It is inspiring!!! I also love the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post and a sweet sweet picture! I still refer to my dad as daddy and he will always be my daddy! Man, you had me tearing up while reading this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i feel in love wiht your blog ..and then i feel totally in love with your dad's blog. i shed a tear (at work ..how embarassing .. but totally worth it!) thanks for sharing .. and congrats congrats congrats .. you remind me so much of me and my other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful, tender photo!! love how you describe your parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a precious photo. I love the story behind it too. You are so lucky to have such wonderful parents. :)

    ReplyDelete