Thursday, September 10, 2009

Having Second Thoughts About Your Dress?

I sure did.

Because I wanted to keep my dress a secret until my wedding day, I never showed you pictures from my fittings. But I have several. More than several. I made family members take pictures of me at every fitting. And then after the fitting, I would stare at the photos and fret. Would he like it? Would I feel beautiful? Would I still like this dress in pictures 20 years from now?

I obsessed.

I know I'm not the only one.

So to all of you who are having second thoughts about your dress, it's okay. It's normal. Just remember, there is a reason you picked your dress. For me? My mom always says she knew it was the one because I danced in it. Everytime I put it on, I could help but sway a little.

And I kept referring to it as MY dress. And it was.

So here are a few of the carefully hidden (yet often obsessed over) pictures of the many fittings I had of the dress. The first one is from the very first time I tried it on. We made a few modifications to the shape of the dress (it felt too foofy to me, so we tapered it in), but all my obsessing was worthless. I felt so beautiful that day. And you will too.










Have you had any second thoughts about your dress?

10 comments:

  1. The wait was worth it! The dress is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect for you! I haven't tried mine on in a few months so sometimes I start wondering if I really love it as much as I think. Looking at the pictures helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! I had second thoughts too. The funny thing was that when I put it on that day, I felt like the most beautiful ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your dress was very beautiful!! and thanks for the words of wisdom. i did have second thoughts because i purchased it months before and it hung in my parents' house for months w/out me seeing it. but after the last fitting, i was happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress is very pretty! I had mine but now I am happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this post! I ordered my dress last weekend for my October 2010 wedding. I'm not showing pictures or even giving clues. I knew it was "the one," and I'm not even looking at any more pictures of wedding dresses, but in the back of my head, I fear I'm going to regret it. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a perfect post........ive been having those thoughts daily!!! your dress was beautiful and u looked even more beautiful in it!! Congrats agaon and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. check out your sister in the mirror...can she look any more bored?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know why you would have second thoughts about your dress because it is gorgeous! But I understand because I also had second thoughts about my dress right before the wedding but once in my dress completely ready I knew it was perfect and then when I saw the look in my husbands eyes I really knew it was the perfect dress for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally in the midst of being gripped by second thoughts - and I tried on a beautiful dress that is 5x what mine cost, which didn't help - but looking at your pictures really helped me because our dresses are somewhat similar styles - although mine has a straight across top, but after seeing yours I think I will talk to a seamstress about putting a sweetheart neckline in.

    ReplyDelete