Monday, September 14, 2009

She Kicked My Butt

Who you may ask? My "wellness coach", as she is called by my gym.

Last week, she nearly broke my heart. I had a fitness assessment and lets just say I have a lot of work to do. I am at a "healthy" BMI, but barely.

I feel like my metabolism has hit a wall - any other women in their mid-twenties feel this way?

Today she gave me a workout to do 3 times a week for the next 4 weeks. Then I have a different workout for the next 4 weeks, and a different one the 4 weeks after that. Once those 12 weeks are done, I rotate the three workouts, three times a week.

After one night, I am already so sore.

Here's the workout:

Balance, Stability, Core (3x week, 1-3 sets, 12-15 reps, moderate rest period)
Total Body - medicine ball diagonals
Legs - squats on Bosu
Chest - DB chest press on stability ball
Legs - lunges with front foot on blue balance pad
Back - standing row (on core board or on one leg)
Legs - side lunge to balance
Shoulders - DB overhead press standing on Bosu
Legs - Single leg squat
Biceps - DB curls standing on one leg
Legs - hamstring curls with stability ball
Triceps - DB kickback w/ one knee on soft side of Bosu
Abs - plank - lifting arm/leg

No wonder I'm tired! Between this regime 3 times a week and training for my 5k on October 3rd (did I mention I'm running the Race for the Cure?) I should start to get in shape!

How did you stay motivated to workout post-wedding?

(PS: There will be more wedding recaps coming - sorry they are so sporadic!)

(Oh and PSS: You can now find me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/august15bride)

7 comments:

  1. Sounds very similar to my new workout "coach". They suck! In a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really good about working out after the wedding until I had to go back to teaching! Now I'm sooo tired and lazy! I think once I get back into my teaching routine I'll be fine!

    I'm on Twitter too, mine are private. I'm MelissaKaz on there and I'm going to follow you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm still pre-wedding so I can't give you advice there, but please don't put a lot of stock in your BMI! It is not an accurate measurement of anything. Check this out... http://kateharding.net/bmi-illustrated/

    ReplyDelete
  4. anyway you can provide some details on that workout??? for example a medicine ball diagnoal? im not sure what the diagnoal part is?? lol .. thanks if you can ..btw .. beautiful beautiful wedding ..my favorite picture is you two holding hands during the ceremony ..how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you girl! My "post-wedding stay-in-shape-routine" has been the hubby and I walking the dog every night after dinner ..for about 15min haha What can I say?, I'm freak'in lazy! I joined a gym before the wedding and went a total of ONCE in the 3 months I was a member. Oh wait! That reminds me...I still need to cancel that sucker! haha
    The point is.......good for you for "getting your butt kicked" I give huge props to anyone who works out on a regular basis. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you. I need to get back into working out. Mr. S asked me when I was going to and I made an excuse that I would when the thank you notes were all written (don't tell him - they've been done for a week now) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just started running! i know... its hard to get into it...but my neighbor and i are doing it together..it sooo helps!!!

    ReplyDelete