Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Something I Had To Share

I recently saw a link on Twitter to a family's blog. Their story has touched my heart. I cannot get them off my mind. Their faith through all the struggles has been absolutely unbelievable.

Read the blog here. And I do mean read it. Read it all. You will be so touched. And be sure to have Kleenex nearby.

I am amazed by all the people who have stumbled upon the blog and have left comments, even though they have never met the family. One left this comment:

"My name is Tim and I am a pastor at a church in Indiana. How my heart breaks for your tragic circumstances. My mind can scarcely comprehend the tragedy that has been yours to endure. I wanted to share a poem my grandfather wrote in a circumstance like yours. He also lost his wife while she gave birth. During her funeral he wrote this beautiful poem. Eventually, my grandfather married again to what was to be my grandmother. Tragically, my grandfather died of cancer when my dad was four. The tragic death of his first wife and the traumatic death of he himself left the living family members in disbelief and shock. How would they continue on in the face of such loss? My dying grandfather consoled his wife with this promise: "The Lord will take care of you." How true his words are. My prayer is that his words and poem will encourage your hurting heart.

He Maketh No Mistake
My Father's way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I'm glad to know,
He maketh no mistake.

My cherished plans may go astray,
My hopes may fade away,
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead
For He doth know the way.

Tho' night be dark, and it may seem
That day will never break,
I'll pin my faith, my all in Him,
He maketh no mistake.

There's so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight's far too dim;
But come what may, I'll simply trust
And leave it all to Him.

For by and by the mist will lift
And plain it all He'll make,
Through all the way, tho' dark to me
He made not one mistake.

by Rev. A.M. Overton

P.S. My church is praying for you

This poem...well, I have no words. It has touched my heart deeply. The whole story has. I hope it touches you too.

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm wow! I cried, I couldn't even imagine how he's coping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing...although it's difficult to explain to my coworkers why I'm bawling my eyes out. I will pray for the Sullivan family. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete