Friday, May 22, 2009

The Difference Between a Bridesmaid and a Maid of Honor

I have three sisters. My fiance has two brothers. There is a gap of ten years between my younger and youngest sisters. It just made sense for my fiance's two brothers to be Best Men and my two sisters closest in age to be my Maid and Matron of Honor.

My youngest sister is only eleven years old, but I didn't want to make her a junior bridesmaid. Heck, she will be taller than most of my bridesmaids! (She is a fabulous basketball player).

I was afraid she would be offended that the other sisters were Maid/Matrons of Honor, while she would be a bridesmaid. When she asked me what the difference between the two is, I responded,

"The Maids of Honor have to hold up the bride's dress when she goes the bathroom."

My youngest sister was suddenly very okay with the idea of being a bridesmaid. :)

I could help but think of that exchange when I saw this photo on Wedding Cabaret - love it!

7 comments:

  1. That is great! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable -- and so true! When I was watching 27 dresses with my mom a few weeks ago, she got a kick out of the part where Jane is holding up the brides dresses as the use the bathroom!What a riot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! That is great! I love your explanation! My dress is a big princess gown and my MOH was joking with me that in order for me to go to the bathroom she will have to call in reinforcements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA.. So cute! I don't know what I will do with my pee shyness! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS... I LOVED this post. haha I read it at work (yes I am guilty of reading blogs at work) and I started laughing out loud. So funny! :)

    ReplyDelete