Friday, May 1, 2009

Steady Gaining...

Weight that is. Arrghhh. Every time I step on the scale, that number seems to have creeped up just a bit. I did so good last week, running just about every other morning. This week...I ran once.

But the real problem? Self-control. My new job (which I LOVE by the way!!!) is at a law school. The students are about to graduate. There is food everywhere! Cookie cake. Marble Slab ice cream. Not to mention the Tijuana Flats, Sonny's BBQ and other goodness. And it's all FREE.

How can I say no? Oh, I forgot to mention the drawer full of candy in my office. Good candy. Like the Reese's, KitKat, Twix kind. Again, free and available for the taking.

I'm hoping that now that classes are over and graduation is almost here, the deluge of food will be reduced. But in the meantime, any suggestions for avoiding the plethora of goodies tempting me at every turn??

8 comments:

  1. I find it harder to turn down free food. I would probably be in the same boat as you if I was working there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried livestrong.com? You put in your weight and weight goals and it tells you how many calories to eat a day and then you can track on there what foods you eat, etc. I'm addicted to it. I've lost about 2 pounds so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep saying I want to lose 10 pounds before the wedding but since I haven't lost 1 in the past 6 months it doesn't seem likely that I will lose 10 in 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh i know the feeling. my office is the same, and it really is hard to say no, but you really have to. write a post it note on your desk just saying NO! or "wedding". i also bring fruit with me to work, so when someone starts eating something that looks SOO good... i chomp into my apple or banana! also walk out of the room when others start eating & get a glass of water, it helps calm the urge. just be conscious about your decision. i've lost 40lbs over two years, it really is the little stuff that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chew gum, eat fruit, drink carnation instant breakfast, put a picture of your dress on your desk (as long as Nathan can't see it), put a picture of your dress in that candy drawer, put a note in the drawer, set specific times to get up and take a break and eat a snack.

    You can do it!!!! You are a very determined bride and I know you can lose whatever you want too!!! Now get to it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop eating that candy! Drink lots of water!! haha. (will you also remind me to do this? k, thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a comment about Livestrong.com. If I were you, I wouldn't start because its addicting and you will never be able to enjoy your food without thinking about how many calories it has again. I did it for the entire 2008 year (new years resolution) and I was like a junkie. I was so glad for 2009 so I could stop. My suggestions are to keep gum in your drawer-- but like 10 kinds, all different flavors so when you want candy, have that instead. Not quite the same but keeps your mouth occupied. Also, before you eat it, ask yourself "Am I hungry?" If the answer is no, put it down. Lastly, drink a glass of water before you take your first bite at a meal (and eat left handed, if you're a righty). Okay, time put put down the Shape magazine Jena...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! I didn't read everyone's before I posted mine. I like Jessica's-- put a picture of your dress in the candy drawer! p.s. I just ate some Twizzlers from the community candy. Why is it so much easier to give advice than it is to use it!

    ReplyDelete