Sunday, June 7, 2009

Flower Power!

As I mentioned yesterday, we had success in our meeting with the florist. Yippee!
Super Crafty Sister stopped by the farmers' market before she came over to my parents house (where the meeting would take place). She brought a bunch of flowers to help with my inability visualize anything. Hehe.

I'm so glad she did, because her hydrangeas were put to good use! As I've mentioned, I will have 7 lovely ladies standing up with me at my wedding. The cost of bouquets for all of them could be a bit overwhelming. And with my taste, it seemed impossible to avoid.

We started playing around with the flowers and came up with this:



This is Littlest Sister (who really isn't the "littlest" anymore as she has passed Super Crafty Sister by inches!) indulging me by trying on her bridesmaid dress with the flowers. Told you I can't visualize anything in my head. She only had one stem of hydrangeas (about $4), but we decided it looked better with two, as modeled below by Super Crafty Sister.


Look at that beautiful bouquet - comprised of just two stems of hydrangeas! We will be jazzing them up with some garnet ribbon, but you get the general idea.

As for all the other flower arrangements, you'll just have to wait and see. :)

Anyone else feel ESTATIC to have your flower planning finished????

3 comments:

  1. I wish. Hopefully after I'm done with finals this week I can start the madness of DIYing including doing a test run for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those! Simple, yet they still make a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh...my flower planning has just STARTED! I met with a florist on Friday, meeting with another tomorrow, and probably will meet with one or two more!

    I love the simplicity of the BM bouquet.

    ReplyDelete