Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Teddy Bear

Yes, I have a teddy bear. His name is Cuby and he has been with me through it all. He has traveled the world with me. He has gone into surgery with me. And yes, I still sleep with him.

My Grandpa gave me Cuby when I was three or four. My Grandpa passed away when I was in high school, so that makes Cuby that much more special to me. My mom suggested a few weeks back that my ringbearer should carry Cuby down the aisle. But I already had the ringbearer bowl! Hmm.

I had really forgotten about the idea, until I came across these photos today. The bear was the groom's teddy bear, so his mom carried the bear down the aisle. It even had a special seat reserved (and a box of tissues) in the front row. How cute is that?

Source


I love it. So what do you think...does Cuby need to be a part of my big day? And if so...how?

7 comments:

  1. I am not sure - are you having a cake? A dessert table? I think he'd be adorable displayed there. With a special costume. Maybe a lollipop in hand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. your teddybear idea is cute :) i also agree with LPC about displaying him at the reception.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your ring bearer or flower girl didn't carry him down, you could just always give him the "seat of honor" at the ceremony. When you list honored guests in programs, you could mention in memory of your grandfather and the explaination of the teddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out http://jessicalynn402.blogspot.com/
    2008/11/tying-knot-rawry.html

    She incorporated a special stuff animal in her wedding. Very cute!!! You could possibly do what she did and I also like the idea of mentioning him in the program! Good luck! Can't wait to see what you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes! it would be perfect for ring shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree!! the teddybear idea is super cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe Grandma should walk him down

    ReplyDelete