Sunday, March 22, 2009

Live Ivy Wreath - Made by Mom!

Have I told you how creative my family is? Check out this live ivy wreath my Mom made!


This is how she made it (in her own words)...

"I got four different kinds of ivy took them out of the pots....put a thin layer of forist foam on a wire wreath form and then wired the ivy on to it...then wired moss over it all. I am now spraying it down on a regular basis .I am hoping to keep them alive and well for two different weddings. The nice thing about making a live wreath for a wedding is it needs to be cared for on a regular basis and if you have a green thumb like mine you know that you need to spend time praying for the wreath to stay alive...while doing this I try to remember to pray for the couple that it is being made for...by the way...ivy is a sign for fertility..."

I love it. And Mom, I love your explanation. I didn't edit a thing. It is perfect. Thanks.

1 comment: