Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Search for a Cake Topper

I have a tough task ahead of me. I would love to have an "old fashioned" guy/girl cake topper. However, finding one that looks like us is a bit difficult as you can imagine. We have thought about just doing flowers, or a monogram or something like that, but I'm still hoping to find some type of statue we can put on the top. My parents still have their cake topper displayed on a shelf and I just love that. So we will see what I can find in the next six months.

I love this style topper (very classic, elegant) but finding something for us has definately been a challenge. Any suggestions??


3 comments:

  1. OMG! That was my cake topper! I fully support that Lladro. It's incredible!

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was our cake topper too! I love it because it's so classic & timeless (plus the bride's dress looks a little like mine). Now it sits in our bookcase and makes me smile everytime I see it. It's really heavy so they had to hide some cardboard in our top layer to support it.

    Some friends of ours used Mickey & Minnie bride & groom figurines, all done in ivory & gold, since they got engaged at Disney and are huge Disney fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake toppers are ridiculously expensive. Thanks so weddingbee i found those cutesy birds that are a ridiculous $300!! Le sigh.
    Perhaps having something designed on etsy OR I've seen ones where you can buy one bride and one groom at weddingstar.com Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete