Sunday, March 8, 2009

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?

I am a lucky girl. I will have seven wonderful women standing up with me on the day I marry the love of my life. I wanted to find a creative/meaningful way to ask them to be my bridesmaids. I searched high and low on the internet and found some great ideas.

There were bridesmaid gift sets:


There were bridesmaid cookies! (How cute are these???)

And there were more cards out there than I ever imagined. But I wanted to make the gifts myself. So I came up with...a bridesmaid survival kit!


What does every bridesmaid need? Band-aids, for those inevitable blisters. A nail file for those last minute nail crises. Bobby pins, for the hair do that just can't quite survive the wind. Mentos, for some fresh breath. Safety pins, for those unfortunate dress incidents. Kleenex, for those unexpected tears. And chocolate kisses, to remind them that no matter how crazy I get, I really do love them. :)

I tried to get creative with some of the items...

And I found these beautiful bags on clearance at Bath & Body Works! (Only $5 each!)




And so, the survival kits were created. I put a little note in each one that read:

It's hard to believe that in just a little while,

Nate and I will be walking down the aisle,

You've stood right beside me through thick and thin,

And I want you to be there when I marry him,

Nothing would give me more joy and pride,

Than to have you there, by my side.

Will you be my Maid of Honor/Bridesmaid?

I wish I could take credit for the poem, but I found it online. :) And I am happy to say that the bridesmaid's kits had a 100% acceptance rate!

How did you ask your bridesmaids/maid of honor to be part of your special day?

No comments:

Post a Comment