Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Search for the Perfect Honeymoon Spot!

While our honeymoon plans have been put on hold because of our current unemployed status, it is still fun to look! After spending much time on Trip Advisor, Weddingbee, Book It, and other sites, we have narrowed down the choices to two. Both were within our budget (and hopefully will be again soon!), are all-inclusive, and don't require my fiance to be on a plane for too long (he really is not a big fan of flying). Our search has come down to these two!

Sandals Ocho Rios, Jamaica:


Majestic Colonial, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic:


I will go into further detail about each of these in the future; these are just the teaser photos. :) To be honest, I'm leaning toward the Majestic Colonial. Mostly because of Mrs. SeaBreeze's posts on Weddingbee! Check out her (hysterical) blog about her destination wedding at the Majestic Colonial: http://www.weddingbee.com/author/seabreeze/

Have you heard about either of these resorts? Input? Suggestions?

10 comments:

  1. All of that blue makes me want to just lay in the sun! I love it, girl~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were my FIRST comment! Yay!

    Anyway, Ochos Rios is BEE-YOO-TI-FUL. If you go you must check out Dunns River Falls. It truly is a sight to behold. Oh and take a Catamaran Ride. Best 1hr, bar none.
    The people on the island? Nasty nasty money grubbing people. ALL they wanted was our money.

    Never been to the DR but I know the food is AMAZiNG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a friend do Spring Break at the Majestic... she said it was AMAZING!! Best bang for your buck. I've been to the DR before and it's amazing, fun and the food is awesome!

    Punta Cana has my vote, but I'm sure Jamaica would be awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I know is Jamaica looks breathtaking! I love that water.
    I hope you both get jobs soon! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for the DR or the Majestic. Mostly because everyone always chooses Jamaica. It's great to be different!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although...the more at look at the picture of Jamaica...the more I drool. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandals resorts are great for honeymooners - no need to carry cash because everything is included, beautiful surroundings and romantic rooms. I'm sure both are great though - I'll look forward to hearing what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My future in-laws went to the Sandals at Ocho Rios. They said it was nice but I guess they had issues with the locals trying to sell them items (which you will find in most of the Caribbean). The Sandals has tried to curb this since their section of the beach is owned by the resort but apparently some of the merchants were determined so they swam up to my father-in-law in snorkel gear to try to sell him a necklace. Other than that issue they had a great time! Good luck picking. They both look absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been to Sandals last year and it isn't as nice as it looks in the pictures. Plus the surrounding area is questionable. I would have to vote for the other one.

    ReplyDelete